30th Annual Eastport Salmon & Seafood Festival
Labor Day Weekend, Saturday & Sunday, Sept 2-3, 2017
Business Name ____________________________________________________________________
Jurying: This is a juried festival of art and fine crafts, plus organic farm goods and quality home cooking. We continue to upgrade the show, balance the various mediums and allow openings for new/emerging artists. If you participated in the 2016 festival, you do not have to submit material to be juried. All other applicants please note the following jurying criteria.
· Selections are based on (but not limited to) originality of design and concept, craftsmanship, overall quality, medium, and genre. Organic produce, jarred or “canned” product, and baked goods are also accepted.
· Manufactured products, imports and products assembled from kits are all unacceptable.
· Exhibitors may show more than one medium, but must submit examples of all mediums they plan to exhibit.
· Exhibitors may display and sell only the type of work described on the show application.
Fees/Cancellations: The registration fee ($80 for the two days) must accompany the application form to reserve your space. There will be no refunds for cancellations after Aug 15th, 2017. There is no rain date. The show will be canceled only in event of severe weather. No refunds will be made if the show is
canceled. For non-profit organizations, the two-day fee is $40.
Note: For questions or if you are no longer interested in receiving this mailing, please email Paula Kovecses at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Festival hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday & 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. More than one space may be purchased. You can sell your items as soon as you are set up each day.
· Paula Kovecses will be at the downtown Water Street tent location at 8 a.m. to answer questions.
· Set up must be accomplished by 10:00 a.m. and vehicles removed from the Festival area on Water St. to parking spots provided nearby.
· Dismantling booth displays or in any way making preparations to pack out prior to the close of the Festival without prior notice to the Event Coordinator is discouraged and will be considered when applying for future festivals.
Vehicular traffic on Water Street will be restricted to pedestrian traffic only during the Festival on Saturday & Sunday.
Conditions of Acceptance:
1. All products displayed in my booth at this show are original in design and concept and are produced by me.
2. I understand that the Eastport Salmon & Seafood Festival (ESSF) reserves the right to remove, without refund or recourse, any exhibitor who misrepresents himself/herself or his/her products.
3. Show hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. I will remain set up until the closing time of each day, and understand that early breakdown will result in exclusion from future shows.
4. I understand the ESSF will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to person or property during the festival.
5. In consideration of the mutual benefits, I agree to abide by the rules established the ESSF, which I have read carefully.
All fees are non-refundable and must be sent in with application to reserve a space.
· 501C-3 non-profit organizations --- $40 for standard booth space, 10’ x 10’. This is for both days.
· For-profit business --- $80 for standard booth space, 10’ x 10’. This covers both days.
· Registration after August 1st, 2017 will be an additional $20 for the two days.
Booth Set Up: Water Street in Eastport provides little shelter from the sun and rain, so we require that participants come with their own tents. Check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot across from the post office at Washington and Water Streets. You may drive your vehicle up to your booth space to unload and to pack up, but we ask that you be considerate of others and remove your vehicle as quickly as possible. There are numerous city lots around the downtown.
There is limited availability for electricity, please circle if you will be needing electric: Yes No
In making this vendor application, I hereby and forever discharge and release the Eastport Area Chamber of Commerce from all manner of actions, suits, claims, and/or demands, whatsoever, in law or in equity, for damage or loss arising from this application and/or from my (or my organization/s) participation in the Eastport Salmon & Seafood Festival.
Description of items I will be selling: _____________________________________________________________
I am enclosing _____ photo(s) _____CD Website____________________________________________________
Make checks payable to Eastport Area Chamber of Commerce (EACC). Return this application with payment to:
Eastport Salmon & Seafood Festival, EACC; Attn: P Kovecses, PO Box 254, Eastport, ME04631.
Or email to: email@example.com An application is not active until your check has been received by ESSF.