To promote the well-being of our communities
through healthy businesses and growing economies.
The Eastport Area Chamber of Commerce serves the Maine communites of: Calais, Charlotte, Dennysville, Eastport, Edmunds, Grand Lakes Stream, Lubec, Pembroke, Perry, Pleasant Point, Princeton, Robbinston, Whiting and also Campobello, New Brunswick, Canada.
Communication link to the general public.
- Information CenterThe chamber receives calls to their 853-4644 number year round. With a remote connection the phone is answered by a volunteer even though the office is closed in the winter.
- The email email@example.com is answered with a same day response.
- The newly reconstructed www.eastportchamber.net
- website gives links to member businesses, pertinent upcoming dates and general information about our area.
- Staffed information office Mid June through mid September. Ten volunteers work to staff the office Monday through Friday 10 Am to 3 PM. Informational brochures and promotional materials may be found in the main room of the Port Authority Building.
Communication network for members
- Information from Maine Office of Tourism, the Maine Chamber of Commerce , Biz Magazine may be passed along to chamber members
- Opportunities to socialize at after hours, breakfasts, and at annual meetings allows members to meet their fellow business leaders of the community.
Other Services and Activities
- Chamber Insurance Program - The US Chamber of Commerce markets a reasonably priced health insurance which is available to members.
- Seat at the table at Downeast Area Regional Tourism (DART) - The Eastport Area Chamber has been a leader in the Hancock- Washington County grassroots tourism group.
- Organizes the Eastport Salmon and Seafood Festival - A fundraiser for the Chamber, the September festival brings people into the city for the Labor day weekend.
- Provides a scholarship for an area student - each year a local student receives a scholarship to college provided from funds raised by the chamber.
What We've Achieved
- The Chamber was instrumental in coordinating the BikeMaine host city role for 450 bicyclists in the fall of 2016.
- The Chamber has planned and financed the Eastport Salmon and Seafood Festival for over 30 years.
- The Chamber has been in existence serving local businesses since 1918 - 100 years in 2018!
- The Chamber is a stakeholder in working to bring ferry service back to the area as part of the International Loop Committee.